March 2009 Archives

Perl patching experiences part 2

| No Comments | No TrackBacks
Perl patching experiences part 2

Success with patching Email::Stuff! I saw that it was a part of the Perl Email Project. I got in touch with them about the Email::Stuff bug on their mailing list then followed up on IRC ( #email).
  Ricardo SIGNES was good enough to help me investigate if this was an issue with Email::Stuff or one of the underlying Email::modules. He confirmed this was a stuff issue, and also pointed out a couple of other bugs.
  I offered to supply patches to fix all these bugs. RJBS pulled Email::Stuff into github and gave me a fork to work on (which for me also meant getting a github account and learning the basics of git). A few hours later I had a fully working fork fixing the header loss issue, unused clone issue, and also multipart/alternative issue. I went further to write unit tests to check that these were working properly and ensure they continued to do so in the future. I also updated the docs a little, although I should probably have documented the new conforming functionality a bit more.
  With the minor patch I submitted to Params::Util getting applied but giving me no mention in the changelog. This time I was very chuffed to see my name appear in the credits :)

Patched Email::Stuff 2.07 now on cpan ;)

Clone issue fixed, RT BUG fixed and other problems Ricardo found all fixed.


About this Archive

This page is an archive of entries from March 2009 listed from newest to oldest.

February 2009 is the previous archive.

April 2009 is the next archive.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.